this salmon pesto pasta is full of flavor, but so simple that you can make it in less than 30 minutes! the peas are sweet, the pesto is nice and tangy, and the salmon is so soft and flavorful that it won’t feel like your typical weeknight!
i was a little skeptical on how everything would fit together for this dish, but the pesto really ties it so well together. also, the pesto from costco….is life changing – i could eat it plain. please go buy it now. (hi costco, sponsor me!)
anyways, i hope enjoy you enjoy this dinner – it’s sort of like the fancier cousin of tuna casserole 😉
**use a pan big enough to fit all your pasta/salmon/peas in at the end!
salmon pesto pasta
-1/3 pound salmon
-1 tsp olive oil
-1 tsp seasoning salt
-1/3 cup frozen or fresh peas
-pinch of salt and pepper
-a few squeezes of lemon juice (1-2 tsp)
-1/2 cup pesto
-1 1/2 cups rotini pasta
-shredded parmesan for toppings
- Cook pasta according to directions while doing the following steps.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Salt salmon with seasoning salt. 3.Add salmon skin side up and let cook for 3 minutes (salmon will look golden). Flip and cook on other side for 3 more minutes (skin will crisp up).
- Remove salmon and break it up (removing the skin).
- Add peas to same pan and a little bit of water (to cover the peas). Cook for 3-5 minutes and add some salt.
- Drain peas and add salmon back to pan. pour cooked and drained pasta into pan along with pessto and mix well. it’s okay to add more pesto if you think it needs more too!
- Squeeze lemon over the top and serve. Enjoy!